Topics of Interest:
Diagnosis and Therapy
- Screening technologies and diagnostic markers.
- Estimation of prognosis and identification of individuals at increased risk of cancer.
- Factors associated with stage of diagnosis and clinical outcome.
- All types of therapy and all phases of development and testing.
Epidemiology and Prevention
- Population-based research aimed at understanding causation, incidence, trends, and risk (such as environmental and genetic risk).
- Research on prevention (for example, lifestyle and nutritional factors), including individual and community interventions.
Health Services Research
- Quality and cost of healthcare and coordination of care.
- Development and testing of healthcare delivery methods.
- Access to healthcare including primary care and screening services.
Information, Patients and the Public
- Public policy issues, ethics and confidentiality.
- Education and communication about cancer.
- Involvement of patients and public in deciding research priorities.
- Patient-led research.
Survivorship and End of life Care
- Living with and beyond cancer: physical, psychological and social impacts and their management.
- Research into care at the end of life.
The Cancer Cell and Model Systems
- Molecular and cellular mechanisms of oncogenesis and tumour suppression.
- The tumour microenvironment.
- Cell biology relevant to cancer.